Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wistfulness And Talk Of Expansions

The sun is shining and the sky is a brilliant blue. 

All that is missing is the sound of ocean waves crashing along the beach and a lounge chair for me to relax into with a good book. 


About as close as I'll get


Instead I get the joys of loading the dishwasher, unloading the dishwasher, loading a load of laundry, changing a dirty diaper, taking out the laundry on to my pride and joy the balcony of our first floor apartment. Of course I can't just take it out I also have to hang it to dry but hey those few stolen moments on the balcony with the sun shining on me and the wind softly blowing around me is almost bliss.

Complete bliss would be the lounge chair on the beach with a good book just waiting for me to collapse into. While forgetting all about the piles of laundry and the dirty dishes calling my name. 

What I did manage to do today for myself was bake some brownies. And I'll happily admit to eating three of them, they were just that delicious. I managed to snatch some ME time while Baby J. napped for 30 minutes in his crib. It was blissful. I took those brownies and almost ran to the couch then I reminded myself that my goal for Baby J.'s nap-time today was to relax. So, I slowed myself down and actually walked to the couch...I kid you not I could almost hear the clock ticking down the minutes left to myself.

I also have to admit that I almost did not stop at those three delicious brownies. I was sorely tempted to go back into the kitchen; grab the pan and wolf done the remainder of the brownies leaving none to Hubby. I blame this temptation on Baby J.'s soon to be Vice President. 

The Everyday Mommy Headquarters found out it would be expanding late last year. Now we're just counting down the weeks - less than 16 - until we meet our new Vice President. Right now, I get to look forward to a glucose test on Monday...not all that exciting. But then Thursday, ah yes Thursday we find out the gender.


Now that will be exciting.






<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13969803/?claim=9hf3wt5xygg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment