I don't know for the rest of the world but over here it's starting to look a little bit like summer. Just a little. We still get the occasional thunderstorms and rain.
Which is why I thought I should share with you some of the things you can do with your baby or toddler this summer.
Here's my personal list of Fun Summer Activities To Do With Your Baby:
1. The park - He/She might be a baby but they'll still love being outside. The park is one of the most perfect places to take a baby to, it provides a variety of activities that you can do with your little one no matter their age. My personal suggestion-try the baby swing it might take a little getting used to for some babies but in the end they'll love it. Baby J. loves to swing and thanks to the baby swing one of the little parks nearby he can enjoy that activity plenty.
2.The zoo - Little ones will love seeing the many different animals. You will too. Plus, it will provide a great way to sneak in some exercise and to top it all off the baby might just fall asleep for a prolonged nap...fresh air tends to do that.
3. Strawberry/berry picking - Newborns might have a little trouble with this but in general babies will love this. You might end up doing all the picking but they'll do plenty of snacking! Personal note - Baby J. tried his first real strawberry at 8 months and he's been hooked ever since!
4. The Pool - This is an activity that all ages can enjoy. And summer is the perfect time for it. Hit the kid friendly pool (or set one up in your backyard!) and enjoy not only the sunshine but watching the little one splash around. Just make sure to bring along plenty of sunscreen.
5. Take A Walk - This can be done anywhere. All you'll need is some good shoes, your stroller, water, and of course your baby. Personally, Baby J. and I try to take a walk every other day we love visiting different areas in our neighborhood and on days that are extra sunny and warm we make a pit stop for ice cream.
6. A Picnic- Who doesn't love some time in the sun and good food. Everyone does. Whether your definition of food is a bottle of milk or a delicious sandwich. Take your little one to one of your favorite spots, spread out a blanket, and spend some quality one on one time relaxing together while enjoying the view.
7. Backyard Gatherings - These can be done with just family or you can include your friends. Either way baby is bound to love these because of the many people present who will be wanting to spend some time with him/her. The best part is this can be done right in your backyard and does not need to involve a lot of money spending. Instead it provides the perfect opportunity for the little one to make friends with your friends and get to know the family better. On a side note - Baby J., hubby, and I just spent last weekend doing this exact activity. We had a blast spending time with friends and family and eating some delicious grilled chicken while the kids spent time playing together.
I tried to think of only activities that you can do OUTSIDE with your little one. The summer is still just beginning so the heat won't be that intolerable. Just remember to always have sunscreen with you and a hat for the little one. As well as plenty of fluids to keep you and the baby hydrated.
What are some of the activities that you like to do with your little one during the summer? Let me know in a comment below!