Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Thoughts On Purpose Driven Life Chapter Five

Purpose Driven Book
Chapter Five : Seeing Life From God's View



This chapter was talked about our perspective on life. The way we view life. And then it talked about the way God "views" life. 

One thing that really struck me was " You are always being tested". (PDL pg. 43) If only we would realize that when we make decisions, speak, think, and react. I bet I wouldn't be the only one who would do things just a tad bit differently. 

But that's the thing most often as humans we don't think before we have a reaction to something. We don't think before we speak. Oh boy, that last one gets most of us into trouble. 
We recently had a sermon at church by a young pastor and I'll never forget what he said because it's so true! He said "This tongue gets us into so much trouble. The people around me haven't caused me 1/2 of the problems that my tongue has caused me." This is pretty applicable to most of us...especially if you're from the human specie.

One thought that had me smiling while I thought it over was "We never really own anything during our brief stay on earth. God just loans the earth to us while we're here." (PDL pg.44)
Think about this really well. You'll realize it's the absolute truth. After all when we die, we take nothing of this earth with us.

Another thing that was discussed in this chapter, though not as thoroughly as I would have liked (maybe in another chapter?) was the three rewards God promises.

  1. God's affirmation - meaning He will confirm and praise you for a job well done here on earth.
  2. Promotion- meaning He will give you a greater responsibility in eternity.
  3. Celebration- meaning exactly what the word says- He will give a celebration to which you will get to participate.
How amazing is this. 

Question To Consider: What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Hmm, recently we have had to struggle just a little financially. It's been really difficult to wake up each morning knowing just how extra-tight our finances are and trust that God will provide us with at least enough money to buy milk for Baby J. What was amazing though is that God after testing our faith and trust in Him, has provided Hubby with an opportunity to make some extra cash until his paycheck comes in. How wonderfully He provides if we just allow Him to.

The absolute greatest matters God has entrusted to me are my children.

What are the absolute greatest matters God has entrusted you with? Let me know in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! This sounds like a really inspirational book.

    Thank you so much for joining the May Everyday Friends Monthly Blog and Social Media Hop ! Have a blessed weekend! ~Kelly, Our Everyday Harvest

    ReplyDelete