Monday, May 25, 2015

My Thoughts On Chapter Four Of The Purpose Driven Life

The Purpose Driven Book
Chapter Four: Made To Last Forever



This chapter was an interesting read. 

It actually deals with a topic that most of us would prefer to avoid. That would be Death and what follows.

The PDL (pg.36) says : "This life is a preparation for the next". This is completely true. We all realize that our time here is limited. Once we are six feet under, well, it doesn't just end with us there. We get to take a little journey to eternity in a new place. Either heaven or hell.

Another very powerful thought that I came across while reading this chapter was "When you live in the light of eternity, your values change."(PDL, pg.38) I don't know how this could have possibly have been better said. It's pretty much self-explanatory as well. When you start to realize that "hey, I could die in the next moment" your priorities get rearranged. You might decide that new skirt you wanted to buy is not as important as helping someone in need. 

One of the quotes that this chapter ended with was by Matthew Henry- he said- "It ought to be the business of every day to prepare for our final day."(PDL, pg.40)

I'll leave you with that thought.

Question To Consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?

This question didn't even take me 5 minutes to answer. I should stop living for the now. Life is more than just a moment in time. 

And I should seriously rearrange my priorities so that I can do exactly as the above mentioned snippet from the PDL- live in the light of eternity. I my life to glorify God in everything I do.

How would you answer this question?

No comments:

Post a Comment